Personal injury attorneys serving southeastern North Carolina
Girdwood & Williams is devoted to serving our clients in a variety of legal areas including personal injury cases. These cases include auto accidents, product liability, slip and fall, dog bite, assault, or other civil causes of action that result in an injury to you or a loved one. If you’ve been injured as the result of negligence or deliberate action of another person or business, our firm is ready to help you recover the compensation you’re entitled to. The damages that you may be able to recover in a personal injury case include:
- Pain and suffering (yes, this can be given a monetary value)
- Medical expenses (including anticipated future costs associated with the injury)
- Lost wages
The growing population in Wilmington and its surrounding areas brings more cars and drivers on our roads. As a natural consequence, the number of traffic accidents continues to be on the rise. Cell phones and other new technology also play a large role in the increased amount of crashes. It is very important to consult an attorney if you are involved in an automobile accident and are injured as a result. Contrary to their commercials, the insurance companies do not have your best interest at heart. You need someone looking out for you.
Some important tips if you’ve been involved in an automobile accident:
- Call 911 – It is very important to get law enforcement involved so that a crash report is generated.
- Identify all witnesses – It is very common for the other driver in an accident to have a different story than yours. Cases are often made by other disinterested witnesses that saw the crash. Witnesses often leave before the police arrive so try to get names and telephone numbers if you are able.
- Take pictures – Pictures speak 1000 words and can help your case greatly. Take pictures of your car, the other parties car, the accident scene and any visible injuries to your person.
Dog bite cases
Another common type of personal injury that we see are dog bites. There are 4.5 million people bitten by dogs every year, and many of these people are seriously injured and entitled to a settlement. A dog attack can not only cause physical injuries like wounds, infections, and disfigurement, but the emotional trauma from an attack is often lasting. Attacks on children generally cause even more physical and psychological damage. Girdwood & Williams can help you recover what you’re owed and move past a dog attack.
What Our Clients Say
Contact us today to discuss your personal injury case
For a full review of your case, please call us at 910-343-9920 or fill out the form on our contact page. We are based in Wilmington and represent clients in their personal injury cases across all of southeastern North Carolina, including New Hanover, Brunswick, Pender, Onslow, Duplin, Robeson and Columbus counties.
Get On the Winning Team: Talk to Us